I. The inspector shall inspect:
II. The inspector shall describe:
- the exterior wall-covering materials, flashing and trim;
- all exterior doors;
- adjacent walkways and driveways;
- stairs, steps, stoops, stairways and ramps;
- porches, patios, decks, balconies and carports;
- railings, guards and handrails;
- the eaves, soffits and fascia;
- a representative number of windows; and
- vegetation, surface drainage, retaining walls and grading of the property, where they may adversely affect the structure due to moisture intrusion.
III. The inspector shall report as in need of correction:
- the type of exterior wall-covering materials.
- any improper spacing between intermediate balusters, spindles and rails.
IV. The inspector is not required to:
- inspect or operate screens, storm windows, shutters, awnings, fences, outbuildings, or exterior accent lighting.
- inspect items that are not visible or readily accessible from the ground, including window and door flashing.
- inspect or identify geological, geotechnical, hydrological or soil conditions.
- inspect recreational facilities or playground equipment.
- inspect seawalls, break walls or docks.
- inspect erosion-control or earth-stabilization measures.
- inspect for safety-type glass.
- inspect underground utilities.
- inspect underground items.
- inspect wells or springs.
- inspect solar, wind or geothermal systems.
- inspect swimming pools or spas.
- inspect waste water treatment systems, septic systems or cesspools.
- inspect irrigation or sprinkler systems.
- inspect drain fields or dry wells.
- determine the integrity of multiple-pane window glazing or thermal window seals.